What is the Child Safe Volunteering Hub?
Each Hub provides a locally focused central point to:
- Create awareness about best practice in responsible and child safe volunteering and tourism.
- Bring together and share knowledge, resources, tools, guidelines, events and news.
- Prevent volunteering and tourism practices harmful to the safety and wellbeing of children, such as orphanage tourism.
- Collaborate and link into local expertise in responsible and child safe volunteering and tourism practices and the safeguarding of children.
Who is the Child Safe Volunteering Hub for?
The hub is open to:
- children and young people
- organisations (non-government, faith based, community based)
- residential care institutions
- schools and universities
- tourism/volunteer sector and operators
- tourists and volunteers